Horizon Home Care & Hospice is a proud member of the We Honor Veterans Program (Partner Level 4).
This is an initiative developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO). As a hospice partner, we are committed to providing veteran-centric care and services to our veteran patients and their families.
- We screen for veteran status to ensure that patients are recognized and thanked for their service, and are aware of possible benefit eligibility.
- Horizon staff receives veteran-centric training in order to ensure exceptional care and emotional support.
- Our approach is multidisciplinary, including nurses, social workers, chaplains, volunteers, life-enriching therapists (massage, animal and music therapies), grief support, and more.
- Veterans are provided with meaningful services and care, sensitive to the unique needs of veterans.
- Our veterans are celebrated at pinning ceremonies where veterans are presented with a certificate of recognition and an American Flag pin.
- Remembrance Day ceremonies are held at assisted livings and nursing homes.
- We engage in community outreach programs at local legions.
One out of every four dying Americans is a veteran. We are committed to honoring and caring for those who have given so much for our freedom.