Horizon Home Care and Hospice is a proud member of the We Honor Veterans Program.
This is an initiative developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO). As a hospice partner, we are committed to providing veteran-centric care and services to our veteran patients and their families.
- We screen for veteran status to ensure that patients are recognized and thanked for their service, and are aware of possible benefit eligibility.
- Horizon staff receives veteran-centric training in order to ensure exceptional care and emotional support.
- Our approach is multidisciplinary, including nurses, social workers, chaplains, volunteers, life-enriching therapists (massage, animal and music therapies), grief support, and more.
- Veterans are provided with meaningful services and care, sensitive to the unique needs of veterans.
- Our veterans are celebrated at pinning ceremonies where veterans are presented with a certificate of recognition and an American Flag pin.
- Remembrance Day ceremonies are held at assisted livings and nursing homes.
- We engage in community outreach programs at local legions.
One out of every four dying Americans is a veteran. We are committed to honoring and caring for those who have given so much for our freedom.